Happy National Shortbread Day! We are encouraging you, for one night only, to indulge in and break your New Year’s resolutions for the buttery goodness of a Janaway family recipe. Make a batch this evening and enjoy with a cuppa!
Ingredients for Shortbread
150 g plain flour
100 g butter unsalted
50 g caster sugar
½tsp vanilla extract
Method for Shortbread
1. Preheat the oven 170oC degrees.
2. Place the butter, sugar, flour and vanilla extract in a magi mix and blitz until a dough forms.
3. Tip the dough out onto a sheet of cling film and wrap into a cylinder shape. Chill for at least 2hrs
4. Now slice 1cm thick slices of the dough, place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until pale golden brown.
6. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
7. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve!